Why is my prayer not answered?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … – If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and you don’t correct them, you ‘regard iniquity in your heart’ and thus should forget about God answering your prayers.
What hinders our prayers from been answered?
The Bible says your prayers can be hindered by several things. So what are these prayer blockers? The first prayer blocker is unforgiveness. When you harbor resentment, offense, bitterness, or anger toward another person it blocks your prayers.
What do I do when God is silent?
When God seems silent, bare your heart before him.
Let us bare our hearts before him, even when our hearts are filled with questions and distress about what seems like the silence of God. As David writes in Psalm 62: “For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.
Does God hear my prayers?
Through the scriptures, we are taught that God will always hear our prayers and will answer them if we address Him with faith and real intent. In our hearts we will feel the confirmation that He does hear us, a feeling of peace and calm. We can also feel that everything will be fine when we follow the Father’s will.
How should a beginner pray?
What are the steps for praying?
- Adoration and praise. Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. …
- Recognize God’s will and sovereignty. …
- Express your needs and don’t forget to pray for others. …
- Repent and ask for forgiveness. …
- Ask God to keep you from temptation. …
- Close with praise and adoration.
How do you get God to talk to you?
How To Hear The Voice of God
- Humble yourself and get on your knees.
- Pray to God to reveal Himself to you in a way that can’t be missed.
- Use my “Prayer To Hear God’s Voice” below.
- Ask God to speak to you, in the name of Jesus.
- Go on about your life and pay attention.
How do you know your prayers have been answered?
4 Signs God Is Answering Your Prayers
- God Is Answering Your Prayers Through Scripture. God always speaks through His word. …
- God Is Answering Your Prayers Through Your Desires. …
- God Is Answering Your Prayers Through Others. …
- God May Answer Your Prayers Audibly.
What can hinder your prayer?
Psalm 66:18 reads, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear.” The Psalmist emphasizes rebellion in our heart hinders prayer. Isaiah also addressed the hindrance of unconfessed and unaddressed sin. Choosing disobedience hinders our prayers. Seventh, an unforgiving spirit.
Does God forgive unconfessed sin?
But they are serious, because unconfessed sin breaks our fellowship with God, which is why we need to admit our sins and seek His forgiveness. He is willing to forgive us and cleanse us because He loves us and wants us to live in His presence every day.
What happens when praying to God?
Prayer helps you develop a relationship with God
Just like your parents here on earth, your Heavenly Father wants to hear from you and talk to you. When you pray, He listens. Then He answers your prayers in the form of thoughts, spiritual feelings, scripture, or even the actions of other people.
How can I hear Jesus speaking to me?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
What happens when God says no?
The Lord comes in His time, not ours. “Jesus answered, ‘My kingdom is not of this world…’” (John 18:36 ESV). Remember that when God says “no,” there is a reason, a plan and an outcome. Be glad and rejoice because He never ignores, leaves or fails us.
How do you know you are trusting God?
If you’re feeling anxious and worried, that’s a sign that God is asking you to trust him more. There’s nothing wrong with planning for the future. You’re allowed to work hard and to ask for a practical strategy to work hard according to His will. But if you’re full of worry, doubt, fear and anxiety, God is nudging you.