Is YouVersion Bible app safe?
YouVersion Bible is notorious for privacy violations and dangerous data collection. … The app’s creator, Bobby Gruenewald, told Slate all that data collection “is used to improve the experience of the app, with the aim of helping people globally to engage with the Bible.”
How do I remove the Bible home app from my Android?
To uninstall most apps, find the app you want to say goodbye to in your apps list. Long press the app and then tap More info. Then, tap uninstall.
How do I delete an app that Cannot be uninstalled?
Remove Apps That Phone Won’t Let You Uninstall
- 1] On your Android phone, open Settings.
- 2] Navigate to Apps or Manage Applications and select All Apps (may vary depending on your phone’s make and model).
- 3] Now, look for the apps that you want to remove. …
- 4] Tap the app name and click on Disable.
Why is it called YouVersion?
EDMOND – In 2007, Decatur native Bobby Gruenewald created a Bible website for his church, dubbed “YouVersion,” that was designed to allow users to associate online media such as YouTube videos or Flickr photos with Bible verses.
How does YouVersion make money?
YouVersion is part of the church, so it’s set up as a non-profit that doesn’t generate revenue or have exit plans. It’s funded entirely by donations ($3 million was donated to sustain the app last year) and by LifeChurch.tv, which has poured $20 million into it.
Who reads the YouVersion Bible?
It’s all part of the church’s aspiration to be a kind of I.T. department for churches everywhere. YouVersion, with over 600 Bible translations in more than 400 languages, is by far the church’s biggest success. The app is nondenominational, including versions embraced by Catholics, Russian Orthodox and Messianic Jews.
How do I delete an app from my account?
Delete apps that you installed
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & devices. Manage.
- Tap the name of the app you want to delete. Uninstall.
How do I delete factory installed apps?
First, you should see how much of the bloatware can be removed.
- Open your Settings app.
- Go to the General tab and select Apps and Notifications.
- Tap on the offending app. At the top will be two buttons, Uninstall and Force Stop. …
- Tap Uninstall to remove it.
Why won’t my phone let me uninstall apps?
Possible cause #1: The app is set as administrator
In the latter case, you won’t be able to uninstall an app without revoking its administrator access first. To disable an application’s administrator access, go to your Settings menu, find “Security” and open “Device Administrators”.
Why can’t I Uninstall apps on my iphone?
You need to enabled Content & Privacy Restrictions to make changes. On your iOS device, touch and hold the app lightly until it jiggles. If the app doesn’t jiggle, make sure that you’re not pressing too hard. Tap on the app, then tap Delete.
How do I force Uninstall something?
So how to force uninstall a program that won’t uninstall?
- Open the Start Menu.
- Search for “add or remove programs”
- Click on the search results titled Add or remove programs.
- Find the specific software that you want to uninstall and select it.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- After that just follow the onscreen instructions.
Is it bad to force stop an app?
Ideally, it is recommended that you force stop an app only when it is malfunctioning—if the app keeps crashing or some of its features don’t work. Force Stopping an errant app has a good chance of resolving issues causing it to malfunction.