What causes God not to answer prayers?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … – If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and you don’t correct them, you ‘regard iniquity in your heart’ and thus should forget about God answering your prayers.
What causes prayers to be hindered?
The Bible says your prayers can be hindered by several things. … Asking God to move on your behalf when you knowingly continue in sin leads to your prayers going unanswered. Psalm 66:18 says, “If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.” Doing bad things never earns you good things.
How do I receive God’s blessings?
Show mercy. “
- You do not need to use complete sentences in your prayers — just say “Thank You Lord!”; “Mercy…”, or simply talk to Him, “God…” or something like, “Oh, God…”. …
- Inhumanity of man against others has always been a force in history. …
- Jesus tied your receiving God’s mercy with your giving mercy to others.
What do I do when God is silent?
When God seems silent, bare your heart before him.
Let us bare our hearts before him, even when our hearts are filled with questions and distress about what seems like the silence of God. As David writes in Psalm 62: “For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.
Can you pray wrong?
Yes, definitely, there is a right or wrong way to pray. … When you pray, you pray for the things that are beyond you or your abilities. You can pray to thank God for the things he has granted you. When it comes to things to do with others, God sends you into a mission impossible.
Why do my prayers go unanswered?
It might be our own suffering, the suffering of a loved one or the suffering of the world. It might be the physical suffering of sickness or the mental suffering of a bad situation. These are good and honorable requests. So, when these prayers seem to go unanswered, it can cause some people to turn their backs on God.
What can hinder your prayer?
Psalm 66:18 reads, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear.” The Psalmist emphasizes rebellion in our heart hinders prayer. Isaiah also addressed the hindrance of unconfessed and unaddressed sin. Choosing disobedience hinders our prayers. Seventh, an unforgiving spirit.
Does God forgive unconfessed sin?
But they are serious, because unconfessed sin breaks our fellowship with God, which is why we need to admit our sins and seek His forgiveness. He is willing to forgive us and cleanse us because He loves us and wants us to live in His presence every day. … Forgive my hidden faults” (Psalm 19:12).
What does it mean when God blesses you?
God bless you (variants include God bless or bless you) is a common English expression generally used to wish a person blessings in various situations, especially as a response to a sneeze, and also, when parting or writing a valediction. The phrase has been used in the Hebrew Bible by Jews (cf.
What are the seven blessings of God?
Blessed are You, Adonai, our God, Ruler of the universe, Who created joy and gladness, loving couples, mirth, glad song, pleasure, delight, love, loving communities, peace, and companionship.
How can I hear Jesus speaking to me?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
What is it when you feel like God is not listening?
In Psalm 139: 23 the psalmist is humbly crying out to God to search his heart and reveal any hurtful attitudes or anxiety, so that He may walk blamelessly WITH the Lord. So this is where I start when I feel God is not listening to my cries to Him, at repentance.