Can your prayers come true?
I am a strong believer that God loves to answer simple, specific prayers. That’s not to say He is here to answer our every request but I do believe He delights in giving us good gifts, especially after we fully surrender our prayers to Him. … Also, I cannot take credit for these prayers.
How can I make my prayers come true?
I hope they will encourage you to make 2021 a year of prayer.
- Know to whom you are speaking. …
- Thank him. …
- Ask for God’s will. …
- Say what you need. …
- Ask for forgiveness. …
- Pray with a friend. …
- Pray the Word. …
- Memorize Scripture.
Is there any evidence that prayer works?
Empirical research indicates that prayer and intercessory prayer have no discernible effects. While some religious groups argue that the power of prayer is obvious, others question whether it is possible to measure its effect.
How do I know if I have the Holy Spirit?
Signs of being filled with the holy spirit is the evidence of speaking in tongues. After salvation, a believer can be baptized in the Holy Spirit and they will speak in tongues. “And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”
How should a beginner pray?
What are the steps for praying?
- Adoration and praise. Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. …
- Recognize God’s will and sovereignty. …
- Express your needs and don’t forget to pray for others. …
- Repent and ask for forgiveness. …
- Ask God to keep you from temptation. …
- Close with praise and adoration.
Can God do the impossible?
“God made the impossible, to be possible and gave me back more than double for my losses and pain,” she wrote. And so, trust God even though things don’t make complete sense to you at the moment. … As it is with God’s love for you, He loves you because you are His. So boldly look with hope and confidence to the future.
How do you get God to talk to you?
How To Hear The Voice of God
- Humble yourself and get on your knees.
- Pray to God to reveal Himself to you in a way that can’t be missed.
- Use my “Prayer To Hear God’s Voice” below.
- Ask God to speak to you, in the name of Jesus.
- Go on about your life and pay attention.
Why does God not answer my prayers?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … – If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and you don’t correct them, you ‘regard iniquity in your heart’ and thus should forget about God answering your prayers.
Does prayer really change things?
Though our prayers do not change God’s mind, He ordains prayer as a means to accomplish His will. We can be confident that prayer does change things—including our own hearts. … R.C. Sproul argues that prayer has a vital place in the life of the Christian and calls us to come before God’s presence with joy and hope.
Does prayer have power to heal?
The healing powers of prayer have been examined in triple-blind, randomized controlled trials. … Prayer has been reported to improve outcomes in human as well as nonhuman species, to have no effect on outcomes, to worsen outcomes and to have retrospective healing effects.
Can prayers change God’s mind?
“I the Lord do not change.” (Malachi 3:6) The idea of praying to change God’s will is presumptuous. … Jesus set the example in Gethsemane when He prayed for God’s will to be done, not His own. Perhaps prayer should be used not to change God’s will but to discover his will, then conform our will to His.
Do you cry when you feel the Holy Spirit?
Crying is not the only—or even the most common—manifestation of feeling the Spirit. … The Spirit of God brings peace and clarity to your heart and mind, as well as other positive emotions, such as love, joy, meekness, and patience (see D&C 6:15, 23; 11:12–14; Galatians 5:22–23).
What happens when the Holy Spirit comes upon you?
God wants to heal and restore your body to health. If you will allow the Holy Spirit to fill you, to flood you, to be diffused in Him, and you receive what God wants to do in you, then you will realize that you have been healed, delivered, empowered to prosper, have direction, and have His wisdom.