Through the scriptures, we are taught that God will always hear our prayers and will answer them if we address Him with faith and real intent. In our hearts we will feel the confirmation that He does hear us, a feeling of peace and calm. We can also feel that everything will be fine when we follow the Father’s will.
Does God listen when we pray?
The Bible states God only promises to listen to prayers that are according to His will. The apostle John writes in 1 John 5:14-15 (NIV): “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
What are signs that God is listening to your prayers?
God may also answer your prayers by planting a desire in your heart. Or He may give you a vision or dream in answer to your request. Like He did for Cornelius, who was a God-fearing, praying man (Acts 10:1-2). We don’t know what Cornelius prayed for specifically, but God certainly answered him.
Why is God not listening to my prayers?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … He that turneth away his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer [shall be] abomination.
Can God actually talk to you?
Yes. Our God is a relational God, and one of His chief desires is to grow His relationship with humanity through regular communication. Throughout human history, God has initiated communication with humanity by speaking audibly to humans. He also speaks to us through the glory of His creation.
What are signs from God?
Here are four common signs that God uses:
- Use of Nature. Time and time again we see God using nature as a way to communicate with his people. …
- Sends someone else. Another common sign that God sends is via a messenger. …
- Dreams. We have to be very careful with this one. …
- Word of God.
How do I know if God is trying to tell me something?
3 Common Signs God Is Trying To Tell You Something
- Repetitive Messages. One really obvious way that God tries to get your attention is repetition. …
- Friendly Fire. Another obvious sign God is trying to get your attention is through your friends. …
- Hardened Heart.
How do you know God is testing you?
Obedience seems to always be a key part of God’s testing. He gives us things to do which make no sense to us and are not particularly appealing, although they are good for us. Then he watches our response to learn exactly how we feel about our relationship with him. If we trust him, we typically obey.
How can I hear God’s voice?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
Why does God let me struggle?
God allows struggle and difficult times because we are sinners and we all come short of the glory of God. God loves us, but because of our sinful nature, He allows these things to happen. … God does not cause suffering, but He can and may allow it to accomplish good.
Do you pray with your eyes closed?
Why do so many people close their eyes to pray? In the Bible, there are descriptions of prayers made standing, sitting, kneeling or with arms raised, yet there aren’t any verses that insist the eyelids shut during prayer. … Closing your eyes as you do it is a way to block out distractions and focus on the conversation.
How can God read your mind?
Yes he can. Read Psalms 139 : 4, Jeremiah 20 : 12, Matthew 9 : 4, God not only knows your thoughts, he knows what you will think and about what you will speak before you do. He is Omniscient (all knowing), Omnipotent (all powerful), Omnipresent (all present).
Can you pray to angels?
Jesus said (quoting the Old Testament), “Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only” (Matthew 4:10). Angels were created by God (just as we were), and only our Creator is worthy of our adoration. We also aren’t to pray to angels — and we don’t need to!